Usability Engineering and Consultancy
Did you know that designing for usability is not a matter of increasing sales by 2 or 3% but 100% or more? Focusing on usability is probably the single-most important thing you can do for your online business. Whether a customer chooses you over another competitor will come down to good site design. Usability means creating an easy and enjoyable customer experience.
Reasons why usability is important
- Users will abandon a site if they can’t find what they are looking for quickly. Approximately 83% of users will leave if they have to make too many clicks.
- Good usability means greater customer satisfaction which equals returning customers. On average the returning customer spends twice as much as the new customer.
- Bad usability can cost a website 40% of repeat traffic.
- Approximately 50% of online shopping carts are abandoned before they reach the check-out due to poor usability.
- Low prices are not the most important factor in making a purchase online. Being easy, pleasant, and efficient to use score higher.
- For each dollar a company invests in developing the usability of a product, the company receives $10-$100 in benefits and wins customer satisfaction and continued business.
- For each dollar spent to fix a problem during product design, $10 are spent to fix the same problem in product development, and $100 or more are spent to fix the same problem after product release.
If your online business doesn’t seem to be bringing in the results you’d hoped for then a usability review is usually the first thing we recommend. To find out how we can help you improve your existing site and convert those visitors into sales, please contact us for further information.